Sunday, August 5, 2007

Next post will hopefully includy some pictures, but I just wanted to make a quick update. I'm doing well on the stashalong so far, I haven't bought any yarn, and I doubt that I will use my free day for the first month. Honestly, I've been kind of ruminating today on how many projects I have yarn for, and it is enough to keep me busy for awhile. Here is the stash, off the top of my head, I'm going to take pictures soon:
*enough knitpicks shine in ebony for either one sweater or 2 summer tops
*4 large sized hanks of sea silk
*3 regular hanks of sea silk
*2 hanks of handmaiden lace silk that is going to be a kimono shawl (I think)
*1 cone of laceweight tencel from webs
*2 cones of silk city bounce (I think maybe this will be for socks, which I want to learn to knit)
*1 150 yd ball of caron simply soft I got for $1.50 last christmas (destined to become handwarmers)
*various balls of peaches and creme kitchen cotton for dish towels.
*half a ball of bernat baby yarn, which will become a baby blanket once I buy another ball
*a bunch of spools of nashua june, I'm not sure what they will be used for
*13 balls of elan sonata, again no idea what they will be used for
not only that, I have these projects in progress:
*a cardigan from hollywood knits that I am in the process of doing the finishing
*a half knit sweater from knitting nature
*shetland triangle, which only needs one more repeat of the main pattern and then the edging
*a shrug from rowan cotton tape from the book speed knitting half done

So basically I have enough to keep me busy for awhile, and I'm on a budget as of late, so I think this stashalong thing is definitely a good idea.

No comments: